Recently, I was in San Antonio TX. Liked the city set up...a nice river with crappy restaurants, deadly heat and humidity, 100% potential for sunburned skin...
Anyway...after 2 days of bad tex mex, I decided to venture off without my group for a solo fine dining (if I could find it) experience.
I was directed to a place on the riverwalk that was supposed to be awesome (everyone gave us bad suggestions on where to eat), but this place had a 2 hour wait for a single person and no bar dining...so it had to be good. Anyway, I couldn't wait that long so I was directed to their "sister restaurant" around the block. I really wanted steak and it was not on the menu, so I left...but before doing so, I asked the nice waitress where to get good steak and she directed me to this awesome steakhouse which was not a chain.
I get to the steakhouse and it was an house wait at the downstairs bar to even sit at the upstairs bar haha! I should've just stayed at the original place...but NO. So I am sitting at the downstairs bar, chatting with the barkeep, they get me some delicious drinks, pork sliders which were "off" menu, and candied jalapenos with cream cheese (it was awesome). Then I am shuttled upstairs to sit at another bar to eat. While there, I start chatting with an old oil tycoon and his cohorts and the barmaid and bartender. I went all out...got an expensive glass of wine, lobster creamed corn, and a $100 Kobe beef steak! After chatting with the oil tycoon...he offered to pick up my bill! So I didn't pay for my extravagant meal! So after he had left, I was chatting with the bartenders and decided to get another glass of wine and creme brulee. The bartender picked that tab up for me! I did not pay for my meal at all. It made it taste even better haha.
After dinner, the male bartender suggested I go to a "cocktail bar" around the corner and that he would meet me there when he finished up. Sure enough, he shows up, knows all the bartenders and paid for my drinks. He took me to another bar after that then walked me to my hotel.
He stayed the night...nothing crazy happened. Just wanted to tell you about my meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment